Those using the latest Autodesk ReCap and have 2015 products running will find you have an Autodesk Application Manager announcing all the updates as they are released in your system tray.
The ReCap team have just released this months updates.
Some specifics regarding applying these updates
· There are two versions of ReCap 2015 out there, -- v 18.104.22.1680 and v 22.214.171.124. The reason for this is that ReCap ships with suites (earlier v 126.96.36.199), and also is available for download on the product page – www.autodesk.com/recap (later v 188.8.131.520)
· As the Application Manager screenshot says below, in so many words, you must apply these updates, in the right sequence, i.e. first update to 184.108.40.2060, then update to 220.127.116.11
· Of course, you won’t be presented with two, if you only need one
ReCap Pro and Real View make it easier than ever to collect, share and collaborate with high-quality laser scan data. In addition.
ReCap Pro in an in-product enhancement to ReCap that dramatically improves the quality and efficiency of laser scanning projects with target less registration, the process of aligning scans together without markers. ReCap Pro provides features for onsite scan processing, data quality analysis tools for accuracy verification, a full range of point cloud editing capabilities for data preparation, integrated workflows for point cloud support in Autodesk design and creation products, and collaboration capabilities in the cloud with ReCap 360.
Real View on ReCap 360 is an online service that provides viewing, measurement, annotation and sharing of laser scan projects through a web browser. Laser scans collected from terrestrial 3D scanners that create 3D panoramic images that are both visually compelling as well as measurable. These panoramas are excellent communication tools for conveying real-world conditions of a scanned environment without having a physical presence. Real View provides an online and installation-free tool for viewing and sharing this data without owning or managing a server.
Autodesk® ReCap™ Photo is an online service that creates high-resolution textured 3D models from photos using the power of cloud computing. It is the most accessible and affordable way to create high quality textured 3D models.
Autodesk® ReCap™ Photo is the professional equivalent to Autodesk’s popular 123D Catch app; It provides much higher quality, detailed meshes and textures, using sophisticated lens distortion handling, better calibration, higher count of processed images and unlimited resolution. In comparison with the ReCap Photo trial that was available on Autodesk 360 since May 7th, the updated ReCap Photo has an even more powerful mesh and calibration engine, that delivers the best ever results in making 3D models from Photos.
With the updated ReCap Photo, we created a separate ReCap Photo product web site, dedicated to the product, that contains direct access to the service now enhanced with a wizard like guided experience, to assure successful use of the service. The site also contains relevant training, learning, sample projects and other useful links, providing more holistic experience. The service requires Autodesk 360 account, uses Autodesk 360 for storing, sharing and managing projects.
We invite you to give ReCap Photo a try and let us know what you think!
As a successful professional grade reconstruction of 3D models from photos mainly depends on taking good photos, do have a look at the Getting started guide, especially the end section where best practices of how to take photos are covered in detail.
Autodesk® ReCap™ Photo is currently in FREE trial mode, accessible to anyone who has A360 account. This will convert to a pay-by-use service in the near future.
· Cloud based service that converts photos into high quality 3D textured models
· Accessible any time, from any place, Windows or Mac
· High processing speed leveraging infinite computing power on the cloud
· Dedicated service web site with direct access to the ReCap Photo service as well as learning materials and example files
· Advanced features: manual stitch, add survey points, set known distance
· Exports the results into mesh file formats ( .OBJ, .FBX, .IPM, RCM ) or into a point cloud format (.RCS)
· Uses the A360 web viewer for viewing of the proxy mesh online
· Nice workflow with Project Memento for fixing and cleaning up the generated meshes
· Professional equivalent of 123D Catch, providing much higher quality results, using a sophisticated lens distortion handling, deeper computation, high count on used images for processing the model and absence of resolution limits.