Want to extract the ‘I’ in BIM from your Civil engineering projects from AutoCAD Civil 3D?
This is something I have been wanting for some time and 3AM Solutions an Autodesk Developer (behind the development of Civil View aka Dynamite VSP) has done a great job to give not just custom based reporting but a software which can run alongside as you design.
This will be launched at AU next week at booth number 3 in the exhibition hall.
So go and take a look if you are there.
// Jack Strongitharm
Be better informed about every design decision you make in AutoCAD Civil 3D with ProjectExplorer - an exciting new plug-in from 3AM Solutions.
Featuring a powerful, user-configurable report generator - as well as a unique, continually updated on-screen report view and a range of integrated design validation tools - ProjectExplorer really is the Ultimate Companion for AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Explore your AutoCAD Civil 3D model in ways you never dreamed possible. Enjoy an unprecedented level of insight into almost every facet of your design from a single panel.
- Introduces a unique new concept to AutoCAD Civil 3D - live, dynamic, on-screen geometric reporting, facilitating a much deeper understanding of the civil model and the geometric relationships within.
- Features a range of dedicated profile and section viewers which provide live graphical feedback from Alignment Profiles, Sample Lines, Assemblies and Pipe Networks.
- Features fully dynamic station (chainage) sampling intervals for alignments and profiles. Key relationships with other alignments, profiles, surfaces, and feature lines may be continuously monitored.
- Features a growing range of design validation and geometric filtering tools which effortlessly reveal areas of the model that may not comply with specified design goals.
- Features a unique template-driven report generator which puts you in full control of the formatting and content of every report. User-configurable report headers and images may optionally be applied.
- Use the Quick Report feature to output detailed reports from individual objects, or use Report Builder to establish report content from selection sets which are saved in the drawing for later re-use.
- Supports the generation of reports in a wide range of popular file formats including text files, CSV files, HTML files, and DOCX files.